Limited Mobility (Wheelchair) Transports
LifeLine Ambulance offers 24 hour wheelchair van transport service. This service provides a person or family of someone with limited mobility the necessary transportation to medical appointments without the worry of how to get there. Wheelchair transports are offered for both local and long distance medical appointments.
Wheelchair van transport can be used for patient who:
- Limited mobility needs (other than wheelchair).
- Confined to a wheelchair
- Have their own self-administered oxygen
- Require transportation to Medical, dental, vision, and rehabilitations appointments.
- Require transport from a hospital to home, assisted living, rehabilitations, or skilled nursing facility which do not meet the requirements for ambulance transports.
- Transport to special family events, shopping, errands, pharmacy pick up, community events, etc.
Wheelchair van service is an excellent way to ensure both patient and family members have peace of mind about follow-up medical appointments. All wheelchair transport are accompanied by a CPR/AED & First Aid trained medical professional.
Wheelchair van transports are not covered under Medicare or most private insurances and are a fraction of the cost of an ambulance transport. The charge must be covered by the patient at the time of service, we encourage you to check with your private insurance for reimbursement options.